Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Awww, I got appreciated!

Yesterday was Leader Appreciation Day for Girl Scouts. It was also Earth Day. I was thinking about Earth Day and the fun things to do at our meeting. I'd forgotten it was also Leader Day, and honestly, I wasn't expecting anything for it when I *did* think about it previously. But my girls (and the parents) DID get me something! I got a gift certificate to a lovely dinner in town AND a massage, and some wonderful homemade cards! I was done whelmed over! And, to top that off, we had a really fun meeting. We talked about our upcoming Build-A-Bear excursion, we went and picked up trash and recycling from the playground, we played a fun game called Octopus Tag, and we made safety cootie catchers.

It's nice when meetings go well. And it's nice to get acknowledged. Some days, being a Brownie Leader is really difficult (much like parenting), when the girls aren't getting along, when everyone is talking but no one is listening, etc. Other days, it's just a joy. Happily (again, like parenting), the good and fun days outweigh the difficult ones.

1 comment:

Jaye said...

Don't sound so surprised! You sound like a great girl Scout leader!

Have you felt the 'quakes?