Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Irene's Fairy Entry

i am so proud of Irene. the contest notice came in my borders rewards e-mail that children from 6 - 11 years old could participate in making a fairy and describing his/her attributes. i don't know if i can show irene's fairy or not...it says that the picture can't have been published before - does this count as publishing? gah. i don't know. anyway, i'm extremely proud of irene b/c she had to do it over several times - once she had the perfect picture, but the attribute part had some misspellings. so she had to do it over. the next time, the writing was beautiful, but she didn't like her fairy picture. i think she drew/wrote it at least 6 times, probably more.

her fairy is an Earth Talent fairy and her name is Gaia (she wanted an earth name - i gave her several choices and she was free to make up her own name as well).

Irene is very hopeful that she will win...i'm trying to let her be excited about that but also trying to explain to her that hundreds and thousands of kids will probably be entering the contest so she might not win...i think i'm more nervous about it all than she is...we sent her entry in the mail this morning with lots of kisses for good luck. 5/22 will be when we can see the name of the winner at the bordersrewards site.

1 comment:

Laume said...

Maybe you can't post the photo on your blog, but if I ask pretty please with fairy sugar dust and a strawberry on top, can you send me me a pic of the fairy - I'd love to see her!
And I haven't forgotten about sending you the photos I took on your visit, just been busy, computer is being used nonstop to do some stuff before I leave, AND I've been UGH SICK. It'll probably be something I get to when I return.