Tuesday, April 29, 2008
and - on another yea - Erica had baby B today. YEA YEA YEA!
Monday, April 28, 2008
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Friday, April 25, 2008
1. When I fell in love i was almost 21, had just returned from a year in Spain, and was at the last party of the summer before college started up again. In walked Rob and that was that!
2. i get a little thrill of joy (and hope that the heat outside doesn't get too hot as the summer comes) when the flowers bloom and it heats up outside!
3. Oh no! The internet connection is down, PANIC! no, really? read, play with the kids, box, play plant tycoon.
4. hmmm - perhaps the real world (though i haven't watched it since the las vegas season*) or maybe the wife swap thing is the craziest tv show ever.
5. Cheese and just about anything make a great meal!
6. if i can get full day sun somewhere i can grow veggies in a garden.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to sleep and some lovin', tomorrow my plans include being a delegate at the annual meeting for GSSN and Sunday, I want to play with my family!
wanna play too? you can go here. lemme know if you do and i'll check out your answers too.*does anyone remember the first season of The Real World? when the cast actually did some things that mattered? when they weren't all having sex with each other? when julie met a homeless girl about her own age and befriended her and went and spent the night with her and many other homeless people? when they show the cast actually, in their real life, helping people - mentoring people. they go to a pro-choice rally, when they have arguments, they actually worked them out like people, not showboating for the world and adding fuel to the fire etc...ah well. apparently i'm old.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
It's nice when meetings go well. And it's nice to get acknowledged. Some days, being a Brownie Leader is really difficult (much like parenting), when the girls aren't getting along, when everyone is talking but no one is listening, etc. Other days, it's just a joy. Happily (again, like parenting), the good and fun days outweigh the difficult ones.
Monday, April 21, 2008
Friday, April 18, 2008
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Monday, April 14, 2008
Wednesday, April 09, 2008
Monday, April 07, 2008
my dad called me on saturday. my 18 year old 2nd cousin, Christina, died on friday. she had marfan syndrome like her mom, my 1st cousin, who died of this when i was in college. it is beyond awful. Christina was in college and working at starbucks. 18. that just seems wrong on all levels. her sister, colette is 20 and goes to school at the University of Redlands. Their dad lives in San Carlos. I was really hoping to go to the funeral, but it will be this friday at 4:00 in San Carlos. I have to be back here by 8:00 am on saturday morning.
school went well today.
i have an awful and then some headache right now.
so - there you go - the ellipsis of my life today.
Sunday, April 06, 2008
Friday, April 04, 2008
can everyone else please stay healthy for a long while? that would be great.
Thursday, April 03, 2008
Wednesday, April 02, 2008
her fairy is an Earth Talent fairy and her name is Gaia (she wanted an earth name - i gave her several choices and she was free to make up her own name as well).
Irene is very hopeful that she will win...i'm trying to let her be excited about that but also trying to explain to her that hundreds and thousands of kids will probably be entering the contest so she might not win...i think i'm more nervous about it all than she is...we sent her entry in the mail this morning with lots of kisses for good luck. 5/22 will be when we can see the name of the winner at the bordersrewards site.