Monday, June 30, 2008
Friday, June 27, 2008
It's hard to believe...my baby boy is 5. How has the time passed so quickly? He's been in Nevada longer than he was in California. Right about now, Rob and I were giving Irene kisses and heading down to the OR - Irene and Mom were upstairs at the hospital. Pat and Bob had arrived just before I was wheeled down. at 8:44, Rhys was born. Apparently, when Dr Spivak made the first incision, Rhys popped his hand right out and waved (of course, at that point, the only person who knew it was Rhys and not Grace was Le Ann)! Another interesting thing was that his head was firmly underneath one of my ribs, so at one point, I heard my midwife, Le Ann, saying we might need a vacuum! That's not something one expects when having a c-section. Soon after she said that, they were able to get him out from under the rib. His eye was red from that. It was a rough several weeks - jaundice, not latching correctly, biliblanket, learning how to divide time between two kids. And, of course, it was all worth it!
and we're back with the Friday Fill-In!
1. Birthdays are so exciting when they are yours, your friends, and most of your families, but when it's your children's birthday, while they are fun and happy, they are also a bit sentimental and poignant (i can't think of the word i want...if i figure it out, i'll come back and edit bittersweet is the word I think I wanted).
2. Autumn is my favorite season because it's when I got married, it has a special kind of smell and feel that just makes me happy. Spring is a close second
3. I feel my best when (so many thoughts...when i'm 30 pounds lighter? when my house is clean?) I'm with my family and everything is going right - when we're being good to each other.
4. Chocolate - mmm - I mean Cheesecake from the Olema Inn - er - no, Ken Renzie's Spaghetti is my favorite food!
5. First impressions are important, but you shouldn't JUST use first impressions when forming judgments/ideas of another person. Everyone has an off day.
6. The best piece of advice I ever received was mamas and daddies parent differently. It's not a bad thing, it's a good thing.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to enjoying the day with my birthday boy, tomorrow my plans include creating a Star Wars party for the boychild and Sunday, I want to have woken up to the fairies magically having packed up our car so that we're ready for our road trip to Texas!
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Today found Rhys and me at Borders. Whenever I go there, I check on Joshilyn's books (and the books of other friends...well, okay, maybe it would be considered more friends of friends - but i KNOW her, i'm on a LIST with her and her best friend is one of mine - so that makes us just one degree of separation!). I made sure that I made them all facing front. I almost titled this post Joshilyn Jackson's Full Frontals, but felt she might not really appreciate THAT kind of a title...I also had Borders Bucks that can't be used if I use my teacher discount for children's books, so i bought Karen Abbott's Sin in the Second City (Karen is TWO degrees of separation b/c SHE is friends with Joshilyn who is friends with Lydia - see???) I loved that the book is newly out in paperback and was for the same amount my bordersbucks were. YEA!! You can go to Joshilyn's blog (the H is silent, so it's pronounced josilyn) and see where she did 3 questions (plus several) with Karen.
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Friday, June 13, 2008
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Monday, June 09, 2008
Sunday, June 08, 2008
I just want to wish my very special and beautiful friend, Lydia, a marvelous birthday. Today marks 2 years since we last got to see each other and see each others darling children. TOO LONG i tell you. Benny and Sadie are growing so so big and I love getting to see and hear about the different things that Lydia does with them. She's who I want to be when I grow up. She makes amazing clothing for Benny and Sadie and makes music with them and for them. She makes sure that they are learning and enjoying and creating.
Lydia, my dear dear and wonderful friend, Happy Birthday!! We love you muchly and lotsly and we miss you even more than that!
Friday, June 06, 2008
Sunday, June 01, 2008
Deirdre asked what we're going to do with our fun stuff -- well, the green fabric with dinosaurs are destined, apparently, to become a stuffed dinosaur. some of the batiks are going to be part of my dress for my baby brother's wedding and part of them will be for Beanie's flower girl dress. Some of it might go into Rhys' patchwork pants. Some of it will go into Matt and Michelle's quilt.