Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Especially for the FABULOUS DebR

You Are a Lime Margarita

Realistic and grounded, you have the energy to tackle any obstacle that stands in your way.
Hyper and driven, you despise lazy behavior of all kinds... especially lazy drunks too tired to dance!
What Flavor Margarita Are You?

How fabulously perfect is that?? the LIME margarita! at first i got the orange one, but there were a few things that i had two different answers for, so i checked those out. anyway, i don't despise lazy behavior UNLESS the lazy drunks are too tired to dance. there is no excuse for being too tired to dance. not ever. EVER i say!!! :)

and, because Laume asked me for my oh so scientific recipe for the citrico and oranjo margaritas that i make....here it is:

for 1 "go cup"

1 - 1 1/2 jiggers of tequila (i really love the citrico, rob likes oranjo)
2 - 2 1/2 jiggers of Rose's Lime Juice
ice
club soda or seltzer (from what i can tell, these are exactly the same things -- carbonated water)

i use sea salt in mine and just use my salt grinder to put it directly into the drink. that's b/c i always forget to salt my glass, and i like salt w/my margarita.

if you do the tropiƱa, i'd recommend Rose's Grenadine perhaps, or some pinapple juice. or maybe even some sort of coconut concoction.

at some point i'll post pictures and tell about our big adventure to the Palomar Mountains. it was very fun and the kids had a WONDERFUL time.

the super big milestones from that trip:
irene learned to ride a bike sans training wheels
she lost a tooth and got a special fairy from the tooth fairy (the fairy was made by the forest fairies by our cabin)
rhys learned to pee standing up

2 of those things were thanks to my cousin's little boy who is 3 1/2 and able to do both the bike thing and the standing up thing :)

i finished baby simon's quilt (except for binding)
mom and vicki made a ton of squares for my quilt

3 comments:

:-D eirdre said...

I think this would be the perfect photo to post for SSL - see how much I push! But the drink would really help get the project going! Hummm, wonder if I have any lime in the frig.

Deb R said...

YUM!

rashbre said...

I gotta try this...