Saturday, December 15, 2007

Cleaning ojas

ojas are the dried cornhusks onto which goes the masa (ON THE SMOOTH SIDE ONLY DADGUMMIT!!!). once you have that part done, you pass it down to the fillers who fill it with either the amazingly good pork or with chili and cheese.

this is my favorite holiday - no it's not really a holiday, but my family makes tamales every year. our immediate family is now 31 members strong!!! it makes for a hugely good time - and santa comes in the evening and it's just very special. and, of course, the tamales are delicious. we made a record 82 dozen this year and i got to bring home 4 dozen! YUMMILICIOUS!!!!!

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Ojas? What are ojas? Fish? More words!!!! Please! Pretty please with sugar on top?

I am sorry you are feeling torn up today and hope that you can get some 'me' time. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Carrie said...

I am guessing you are in the process of making tamales. Happy holidays!