Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Missing some of my loved ones

It's been more than 2 years since Pat died. Almost 2 years since my gramma died. Funny how neither of them are ever really far away. I think about both of them a lot. Just a week ago, I went to pick up the phone and call my gramma. Sometimes it just hits hard that they are gone. We have things that remind us of both of them. Some of the things wouldn't be special to anyone else - but they have meaning and depth beyond what they are for me - or for Rob - or for Irene and Rhys.

Bob worries that Irene and Rhys will forget Pat. I don't know that she's far from them either. Rhys will sometimes say something about Grammie - Irene will put on some Paris by YSL and smell like her. We talk about her. We talk about Great Gram too.

So - some days I just miss them both very much. today was one of those days.

No comments: