Saturday, January 26, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DARA! and small world!

Ack! it's the end of the day, but i wanted to wish Dame Dara of the Endless Knot a very very happy birthday. You can see her here and wish her a happy happy birthday.

Like Jaye, i've known Dara (online at least) for at least 6 years - maybe 7 (they are on the same yahoo quilting group i'm on). i have yet to meet her in person, but someday it'll happen *smile*

tonight we were chatting and she asked me if i'd seen The Waitress. I said no, but that i know the song in it b/c the Irene's best friend sings it with her Grampa.

"what's that?" asks Dame Dara. "does she sing it on his blog? b/c i just commented on a blog where it's the grandfather singing with his granddaughter."

turns out, it is indeed the very same - it is Karl and Rose.

and when i talk a bit more to her, she realizes that she's heard me talk about them before - knows Curtis is the photographer and knows that Tanya and her family are one of the several great good friends that were part of my "tribe" as another friend calls it. dadgum, do i miss them.

but back to small world - isn't that cool?

1 comment:

MsT said...

Hey! You blogged me! :)
Even crazier - I've spoken with Curtis - remember you recommended him to me when we needed a photog in Union Square? And I remember exactly when I joined Mavs - August 2001, right before 9/11 - when it was just you and Rob and the Bean. So 7 years it is!