Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What a day!

Just some of my thoughts as I watched the 44th president of the United States get sworn in...

I'm watching the inauguration with tears of joy streaming down my face. A feeling of profound pride and joy and hope in my heart. I am enjoying watching that same feeling projected through the eyes of all the people in washington and around the United States. Watching the musical performances (I'll need to remember to tell Rhys that it was John Williams who composed the music peformed by Itzhak Perlman, Yo-Yo Ma, Gabriela Montero, Anthony McGill) and the joy in their faces as they played and enjoyed the moment and beamed, the joyous dancing by the people, President Obama's girlies dancing their little dances of happiness - it's just huge. Huge in ways that I can't even put to words. I feel a pride I've not felt in a long time.

I love the way President Obama and our new first lady walk together - holding hands, walking with purpose, stopping to say hello, sharing *their* joy with their girls.

I know that not everyone shares my joy - but I hope that they too will feel some of the hope I feel. President Obama has a hard road and I am ready to get my hands dirty (always have been).

No comments: