Wednesday, August 29, 2007

friends & family too!

friends, they say, are the family that we choose. it's true. i'm lucky to have some amazing friends and wonderful family both.

on sunday, my dear friend, Cindy, came with her son, Alex. The last time we saw them was a little more than 2 years ago. it was WONDERFUL to see them. we've decided that 2 years between visits is just not okay. so we're hoping to find ways to get together every 6 months or so (at least!). irene and rhys got along really quite well with alex (who is delightful and funny and fun). i'm bummed that i didn't have my camera out - argle! we did get ONE picture of rhys and alex when we went to black rock last night for dinner - hopefully it will show up here if i link it correctly...


they both were happy with the sundae. it was irene's turn to pick dessert and the boys were NOT interested in coconut cream pie...

rhys corrupted alex a bit...they played pac man and sonic - oh my!

anyway, it was good for my soul to be with my friend and her wonderful boychild.

cyn & alex had to leave today - tomorrow we get to see more friends! judy and her family will be here for the rib cookoff. in fact, they are watching rhys for me while i sub tomorrow. then on friday, the myers are coming and so is my sister, jolie, and my nephew and niece (jake and karly). YEA YEA YEA! it will be busy and fun and filled with happiness (perhaps a few meltdowns in the children department, but it will be more happiness than not!).

No comments: