c'mon! All the cool girlies are doing it - i finally caved! i wanna be cool too!! :D
and to be honest, there are a few of the quotes i picked that i had forgotten...there are many many more movies i wanted to do...and many different quotes - but i figured they would have given it all away...
and now - to the fine print of The Movie Quote Game
* Pick fifteen of your favorite movies.
* Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie. (i went to the wikiquote page - double checked the quotes i thought i knew perfectly on google)
* Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
* Fill in the film title once it’s guessed.
This part is for the reader:
* No Googling or using IMDB search functions.
* Leave your answer(s) in the comments.
1) I tell him about destiny; he's shaking his head. About dreamgirls; he doesn't care. I mention the underwear thing? He has a fucking conniption. And you? How 'bout it, filmgoer? Have you solved the case of the - the dead people in L.A.? Times Square audiences, please don't shout at the screen, and stop picking at that, it'll just get worse.
JC who jumped over from DebR's blog guessed this one - Kiss! Kiss! Bang! Bang!
2) “What would you do if you had a million dollars?”
“I'll tell you what I'd do, man, two chicks at the same time, man.”
“That's it? If you had a million dollars, you'd do two chicks at the same time?”
rob got this one too Office Space (and if you click on rob's name, he's done this too)
3) Thursday mornin', Chief, I bumped into a friend of mine, Herbie Robinson from Cleveland. Baseball player. Boatswain's mate. I thought he was asleep. I reached over to wake him up. He bobbed up, down in the water, he was like a kinda top.
hint - here's the entire quote: Japanese submarine slammed two torpedoes into her side, Chief. We was comin' back from the island of Tinian to Leyte. We'd just delivered the bomb. The Hiroshima bomb. Eleven hundred men went into the water. Vessel went down in 12 minutes. Didn't see the first shark for about a half-hour. Tiger. 13-footer. You know how you know that in the water, Chief? You can tell by lookin' from the dorsal to the tail. What we didn't know, was that our bomb mission was so secret, no distress signal had been sent. They didn't even list us overdue for a week. Very first light, Chief, sharks come cruisin' by, so we formed ourselves into tight groups. It was sorta like you see in the calendars, you know the infantry squares in the old calendars like the Battle of Waterloo and the idea was the shark come to the nearest man, that man he starts poundin' and hollerin' and sometimes that shark he go away... but sometimes he wouldn't go away. Sometimes that shark looks right at ya. Right into your eyes. And the thing about a shark is he's got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll's eyes. When he comes at ya, he doesn't even seem to be livin'... 'til he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white and then... ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin'. The ocean turns red, and despite all your poundin' and your hollerin' those sharks come in and... they rip you to pieces. You know by the end of that first dawn, lost a hundred men. I don't know how many sharks there were, maybe a thousand. I do know how many men, they averaged six an hour. Thursday mornin', Chief, I bumped into a friend of mine, Herbie Robinson from Cleveland. Baseball player. Boatswain's mate. I thought he was asleep. I reached over to wake him up. He bobbed up, down in the water, he was like a kinda top. Upended. Well, he'd been bitten in half below the waist. At noon on the fifth day, a Lockheed Ventura swung in low and he spotted us, a young pilot, lot younger than Mr. Hooper here, anyway he spotted us and a few hours later a big ol' fat PBY come down and started to pick us up. You know that was the time I was most frightened. Waitin' for my turn. I'll never put on a lifejacket again. So, eleven hundred men went into the water. 316 men come out, the sharks took the rest, June the 29th, 1945. Anyway, we delivered the bomb.
JC also got this one - Jaws. this whole section of the movie - first where they compare their various scars and then Quint tells about being on the USS Indianapolis.
4) Awww, come on guys, it's so simple maybe you need a refresher course. Heyya! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads, and I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State.
here are two quotes to give a hint: Mr. Stanwyk's parents Marvin and Velma of Provo, were unable to attend the wedding. Those are three names I enjoy; Marvin, Velma, and Provo.
Hey! I think all of our problems may have just been solved. Ed McMahon. Think I just won a million bucks. Yeahhahhah, Irwin M. Fletcher you choose. Woo wee! Oh boy, I lost. Again. Sorry.
JC is right again - Fletch - this is Chevy Chase pretending to be a plane mechanic while investigating Alan Stanwyck
5) “You take what you've learned from this life and use it in the next. That's karma.”
“I thought karma was I do something bad in this life and I'm a termite in the next.”
“Hey, if you ask me, pal, you're already a termite in this life in a shitty suit, OK?”
this is the first movie that rob and i saw together in 1991. this even has some names on it:
Gray Baker: Aren't you afraid of dying?
Roman Strauss: To die is different than what anyone supposes and luckier.
Gray Baker: Is that a line from your opera?
Roman Strauss: It's Walt Whitman. I can't take credit for everything, Mr. Baker.
Dead Again where Cozy Carlisle (played by Robin Williams) is talking to Mike Church (who is played by Kenneth Branagh. Kenneth Brannagh also plays Roman Strauss and Gray Baker is played by Andy Garcia).
6) “Do you know what you did to me - to my life?”
“I can only say I'm sorry so many times.”
“Well say it again anyway!”
here's the next part of this dialogue:
- Yeah, everybody's sorry. Abner was sorry for draggin' me all over this earth lookin' for his little bits of junk. I'm sorry to still be stuck in this dive. Everybody's sorry for something.
7) te wanna wonga
the above was said by Bib Fortuna. here is another quote: No. Unfortunate that you rushed to face him... that incomplete was your training. Not ready for the burden were you.
JC well done! this is Yoda talking to Luke Skywalker in Return of the Jedi
8) “He keeps trying to put his testicles all over me!”
“Ohhhh. Tentacles. N T Big Difference.”
this should TOTALLY give this away...especially if you are around my age...
"I want my two dollars!"
JC ! you are rockin' the game here! it is indeed Better Off Dead. I can quote quite a bit of this movie -- of course, i get the lines just slightly wrong - heh heh - but these were indeed the exact lines.
9) “ You lied to me!”
“I lie to everyone, what makes you so special?”
“I am your sister.”
“That just makes you more gullible.”
this is from my favorite movie in which rob has a credit...
I may not be an explorer, or an adventurer, or a treasure hunter, or a gunfighter, Mister [name]. But I'm proud of what I am.
And what is that?
The Mummy - Evy talking to her brother Jonathan
10) "You don't like poetry?"
"Oh no, no, of course. I do."
"Neither do I. It's not that kind of poetry"
Tammy is exactly right!! chocolat it is! Armande (judi dench) to her grandson, Luc.
11) You're not going to fall for the banana in the tailpipe? It should be more natural, brother. It shouldflow out, like this - "Look, man, I ain't fallin' for no banana in my tailpipe!" See, that's more natural for us. You been hanging out with this dude too long.
Beverly Hills Cop - answered correctly first by DebR and a bit later by the always handsome and delightful Rob.
12) If I'm right about this, I could save a man's life. Do you know what that would do for my book sales?
this is the tagline from the movie: Don't Answer The Phone. Don't Open The Door. Don't Try To Escape.
Scream - i watched this moving all by myself - at night...before rob got home...very late...it was the first time in a long time that i was truly sitting upright and if i hadn't been on my couch, i'd've been on the edge of my seat. instead, i was clutching pillows.
13) “Yes, I'm shattered, but it's nothing that some sleep and a good fuck wouldn't cure, as my sister used to say. Ha ha ha.”
“You'll have to forgive [name].”
“Oh, it was just... it was just a figure of speech. I've been on a plane for twelve hours next to a crying baby.”
SanDeE*, your... your breasts feel weird.
SanDeE*: Oh, that's 'cause they're real.
LA Story - this is when Sara is introduced to everyone - Roland is the one in the middle asking everyone to forgive Sara. would this quote have been one that worked better?
Tom: I'll have a decaf coffee.
Trudi: I'll have a decaf espresso.
Morris Frost: I'll have a double decaf cappuccino.
Ted: Give me decaffeinated coffee ice cream.
Harris: I'll have a half double decaffeinated half-caf, with a twist of lemon.
Trudi: I'll have a twist of lemon.
Tom: I'll have a twist of lemon.
Morris Frost: I'll have a twist of lemon.
Cynthia: I'll have a twist of lemon.
14) “I put it all on Lucky Dan; half a million dollars to win.”
“To win? I said place! "Place it on Lucky D-" That horse is gonna run second!”
“There's been a mistake! I want my money back!”
The Sting - rob got this one too. such a great movie!
15) I really feel, ehh, in short, to recap it slightly in a clearer version, eh, the words of David Cassidy in fact, eh, while he was still with the Partridge family, eh, "I think I love you," and eh, I-I just wondered by any chance you wouldn't like to... Eh... Eh... No, no, no of course not... I'm an idiot, he's not... Excellent, excellent, fantastic, eh, I was gonna say lovely to see you, sorry to disturb... Better get on...”
Yes indeed, Four Weddings and a Funeral - again answered correctly first by the ever lovely and creative DebR and a bit later by the man who makes my heart race, Rob.