Saturday, December 30, 2006

a belated meme - 5 fave xmas songs

carrie tagged me while we were down at tamale day (which was WONDERFUL and FUN and SO good to see/be with family!! rob has a good rundown of it, so you can check out his blog).

List your 5 favorite Christmas songs. The 12th day of christmas isn't until the 6th of january, so there's still time should you like to participate

I'm going to do these in no particular order

1. Aspenglow by John Denver. Actually the entire album "A Rocky Mountain Christmas" is one of my favorites. and i've deleted "please daddy don't get drunk this christmas" from the iPod and our hard drive. i think john may have been working something out w/that one, but i don't like it. The last song on the album is a song for Zachary - his son. it's beautiful and wonderful.

2. Joy to the World - especially the Julie Andrews version. That whole album is a really good one too - another of my favorites.

3. Elf's Lament - this is from Barenaked for the Holidays - another really good album. This particular song is really funny and makes me laugh every time i hear it.

4. The Night Before Christmas - David Seville of chipmunks fame sings (er, is it really singing when you are talking?) it in a groovy way.

5. O Holy Night - this is a song i really didn't like at all as a kid, but i love it now.

there are many more. i love christmas music. i wish i could find the album by Harry Belafonte - i have some of the songs on tape, but the tape is really worn. Aye said the Donkey is lovely. i can't remember what it's really called, oh well.

3 comments:

Deb R said...

I've never heard Elf's Lament! I need to check that one out.

I need to email you or call you or something when I can make the time, kristen. I had a cool dream about you last night. :-)

Carrie said...

I was getting worried about you.

I didn't like O Holy Night as a child either. I think that is the one song I am still humming.

Someday I am going to get the Chipmunks Christmas Album. Aw, the memories.

Kristen said...

deb - i think elf's lament will make you giggle. and we will definitely need to connect re: the dream :) cool!

carrie - thanks for worrying. we've got the chipmunks xmas album 1 & 2! we listened to it a lot this year especially.