Tuesday, April 17, 2007

yesterday

yesterday's killings at Virginia Tech is just beyond me. I am just - god, i can't even think of a word. Horrified? Dismayed? Shocked? Sorrowful beyond belief? I just don't understand it. Don't give me the "everything happens for a reason" crap - what could possibly be the reason for someone to go on a shooting spree and kill 32 innocent people and then himself?!? i'm sorry, but i don't think that was really part of god's plan (or whomever else you happen to believe in). i think about the families, about the friends, the professors. it's just so so sad and awful and heartbreaking.

rob suggested that we homeschool our children through college.

i am just so sorry for all involved.

4 comments:

Shaz said...

Prayers are being sent and it is just incomprehensible.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

It is incomprehensible. I'm glad that it is actually, I don't even want to be able to comprehend something like this. So random and awful.

Carrie said...

I can't understand it either. I am trying not to let it get me down.

Jennie said...

It's impossible to understand...my oldest who's in high school, was sick a couple days this week and I actually had the thought well, it could be a good thing, just in case someone in his school freaks out and ... It just felt so awful to think that - it's so horrible just to entertain that thought, let alone have a real reason for it! I'm with you, I'm just sorry...